Sunday, June 8, 2008

June 1st - Dawn

I arrived bright and early to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport for what was sure to be the most memorable month of my life, got my boarding pass, then BLAM!:


Que lastima! American Airlines put me on a flight to Cancun when I'm supposed to go backpacking in Europe! But wait! Purely due to coincidence*, I spot my friend Clark Chaney and his family in line right next to me.
Me: Where are you headed?
Clark: Cancun.
Me: Can I stay with you?
Clark: Yes.
Wow, that was close. Turns out, Clark's family has a timeshare right on the beach in Akumal Bay, Mexico, about an hour south of Cancun. Joining us will be his brother Brent, friend C.J., Clark's parents, a grandma and a great aunt. I can't believe how well this entire situation turned out completely by luck. Now to patch things up with my Europe connection:

Dear John and Evan,

My plane went to Cancun instead of London. Can you chill in England for a few days with Evan's family and wait to start our backpacking trip June 11? Great!

Love,
Marshall
I feel like I'm cheating, but it's different countries! Juggling lesson 101. Time to hit the beach.. bar..

No comments: