Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mexico 1

When I checked the forecast before leaving for Mexico - without even knowing I was going - the internet predicted rain every single day in Akumal. When we got there, the area newspaper said the same thing. Each day, the same picture:

If the picture of the lighting wasn't scary enough, the adjacent sun covered in deadly spikes causes chills to run down one's spine. Well, I'm really not sure how strong the meteorology discplines are at universities in Mexico because every day looked like this:


Look - thunderstorms! I'll admit: there are clouds in the distance. But this false weather forecasting made me suspicious, especially because it happened literally every day. Does this sign have anything to do with Evan Davies? I'll have to dig deeper to find out..

1 comment:

srice said...

this is by far one of my most favorite posts.